With the launch of Java 7, Oracle have introduced Java doc 7 with much work on the look and feel. The good thing being that it looks more organised and readable.
You can see a snapshot below showing how the new Java Doc 7.
The new Java Doc is much more usable and comprehensible.
Many of us have been expecting a enhancement to the Java Doc, as the older documentations lacked presentation. Earlier docs were didnt use CSS. The new css used can be found at “http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/java7doc-fix.css“.
You can observe from the above CSS that changes were made to the:
- The Type column is emphasized.
- Cell borders have been added.
- Method description is indented to improve readability.
- New color scheme is applied.
- Method or Constructor name is displayed in bold.
Grab your copy of New Java Doc 7 from “Java Doc 7“.