This post explains the procedure to turn a colored image into a black-and-white image with a color splash using Photoshop CS5.
Complete the following steps to turn your colored image into a black-and-white image with a color splash:
1. Click File>Open.
Figure 1: Selecting the Desired Image
2. Select the photograph from the source folder. Click Open.
Figure 2: Selecting Image from the File
3. Click Image > Adjustments > Desaturate.
Figure 3: Desaturating Image
Selecting this option desaturates the image of its original color.
Figure 4: Desaturated Image
5. Click Windows > Brush Presents.
Figure 5: Adjusting Brush Size
6. Select the brush size as 10px-11px.
Figure 6: Selecting Brush Size
7. Change the hardness to 100% under BRUSH.
Figure 7: Adjusting Hardness
8. Colour the desired area using the History brush Tool (Y) to add the original colour.
Figure 8: Black-and-white Image with a Color Splash
Your image with a color splash is now ready.