So here’s another post where I thought it would be great if I could get to learn new things about fashion from real people. People who inspire me or who I feel are fashionable and stylish. This is an interview I had with my close friend Ruth.
Let me tell you more about her and why I am writing a post on her?
Firstly, I just totally love her sense of style she is bold and beautiful. Then she also happens to be very funny one could never help but laugh around her. Last but not the least, it’s also because I love her and I wanted her to know that I totally admire her for how she can pull off the looks that other people wont dare to carry.
I had always wanted to learn from people about their definition of style and if they could give some tips on fashion that could help people. What better way to start by interviewing people and nothing better than interviewing a friend.
So I sent this list of questions to her to answer whenever she is free. This is what she had to say:
“I don’t believe in brands,if its me, I buy it!! END OF STORY!!”
1. What’s your favorite color?
Mostly it’s red and black….but I like to be bold! I like bold combinations,which others think twice to carry off!
2. What’s your favorite dessert?
3. What kind of music are you into?
I m weird like that Rock or Country when I am home, Hip-hop when I am on the dance floor and house When I am smashed!!
4. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
Jumped into a pool, that I was wayyyy too short for!!
5. What do you do for fun?
You know what, baby!! 😉
6. What’s your favorite part about today so far?
When I realized that the new people in my life mean more to me than all the old ones!!(I never thought this could be possible!)
7. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
Sadly, forgotten. (This gets me into so much trouble)
8. Who is your favorite designer?
9. Favorite saying?
God don’t make no junk!!
10. Who is your Favorite Stand up comedian?
11. Whats your style like?
12. What does fashion mean to you?
Not being afraid to be you and being able to express who you are through your dressing.
13. Would you rather choose to be stylish or fashionable?
14. Your favorite place to shop in Bangalore?
I don’t have a favorite place per se, whatever catches my eye I guess!
15. What would you do if you won the lottery?
16. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
17. If you were a fashion designer, what style of clothing or accessories would you design?
Shoes, lingerie, dresses and formal wear.
18. Do you ever laugh at things you shouldn’t?
All the time!! It’s funny, I laugh! I don’t care whether it’s the norm or whatever, not to laugh!
19. Any fashion tip?
Always be your damn self! Don’t let society or any other bull decide who you are.
20. What do you like about buttur.com?
The fact that my girlfriend started it! The stuff that caught my eye is when buttur explained different patterns and the different stuff made from it. (Houndstooth)
There are so many looks of hers that I loved but only a few I could include here, I hope you love them too:
Well thank you so much Ruth for all your love and support.
All the lovely people out there reading this post, let me know if you like this post.