Honestly there are only two days in a week when we get to relax as we like! Though I like to hangout with my friends, go shopping, grab some coffee and gossip but somedays I just want to be at home and just relax.
It is Friendship day in India a day to celebrate our friendship but I don’t really follow it. It was fun back in school to have friendship bands tied around your wrists, I really miss that! But today I am just lazy and c’mon do we really need a day to celebrate with our friends? Whenever we meet it’s celebration time!
Okay so moving on, today I slept most of the time. When I was awake I thought of trying something new. So I tried to crack the code to make that perfect Masala Chai I enjoy the most at office breaks.
Masala Chai literally means “mixed-spice tea”. How is it made? Read on.
Ingredients to make the masala (mixed-spice) for tea:
> Cardamom pods
> Sauf (Fennel seeds)
1. Mix all the spices in 1:1:1:1 portion.
2. Grind them well in a mortar or a mixer grinder.
3. Store them in a air tight jar.
Make sure you don’t keep the masala for long as it tends to loose its flavor.
To make one cup masala tea you need:
> 1/2 cup milk
> 1/2 cup water
> 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
> 1 teaspoon black tea
> 1/2 teaspoon masala
1. Put the spices in a small saucepan, add the water and bring to boil.
2. Add the milk and sugar to the pan and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and add the tea.
4. Stir the tea, once you get the perfect tea color then strain it directly into a teacup.
Dusty is sniffing the left over tea! 😉 How do you spend your lazy Sunday? Let me know.