Tribal by Nature Sling Bag
As the title of post says I am here to describe how I came up with my lovely “Tribal by Nature Sling Bag”. Having mentioned it earlier, it was really difficult to work with leather as I have never worked with leather before, forget making a bag out of it! The start was pretty easy; Take scissors and cut out the draft. Like they say “Finish Well; Anyone Can Start Well” I struggled to stitch the parts together. Phew! but I did succeed and I am very happy to see the result. There is no better feeling than seeing your creation come out well.
For a first timer I love it! There is always scope for better and this contest has surely awaken the creative side of me. I have learnt a lot from this and I will make use of my learning more often.
Story Behind the Bag
The bag is handcrafted, with love and care. As the earthen colors speak for themselves, I made this tribal design unisex sling bag. It can also be used as a clutch as it has a long removable strap that can be worn off the shoulder or crossbody messenger style. The green, beige and black speak the language of tradition and nature, they are also the colors of our men in uniform, It’s my dedication to all our Army heroes. Though it looks small but it is still roomy enough for that gigantic smartphone and can hold all your essentials. The bag has been hand stitched and is accessorized with the soda can tabs at the closure, the geometric design is to give it a tribal look and to keep it trendy. Color block is used in the strap to give it a neutral mix. It is perfect for a day out you can pair this with a basic tank and some well fitted jeans for that sweetheart look.
In the post below I will show you how I made this chic sling bag.
How to Make the Bag
The leather scrapes I got looked exactly like this, though this is not the original picture I took this one from Hidesign facebook page as I lost the original picture that I took.
1. The first task is to mark the draft of the bag on the reverse side of leather scrap then cut the draft using scissors:
2. Then stick the zig-zag cutting to the sides of the front piece using super glue:
3. Now stitch the front flap and back piece together:
4. Next, stitch the front and back pieces together:
5. Now stick the closure strap using the super glue on the front flap:
6.Then just punch holes into the left out triangular pieces left out of zig-zag cutout and paste it on the front flap:
7. Now attach the can tabs to the H shaped enclosure and stick the enclosure to the front piece of the bag using super glue:
8. Punch hole on both sides (on top) of the back piece and attach the strap with the help of spare (around 2 inch) ball chain from the spare key-chains:
Tada your very own sling bag is now ready!!
I hope you like it too.
Find me on Facebook to drop in your comments and suggestions.